Death Theory #5: Died in battle
- There was an intense border dispute between the people at that time, and a battle occurred to solve it. Otzi fought in this battle.
- DNA samples were gathered from Otzi's weapons, clothing, and tools. Blood from four different people was found on these items. The blood found on his dagger was from one individual. Blood from two individuals was found on his arrow. On his coat was another individual's blood. How did this blood get there?
- Did Otzi carry an injured companion to safety before being hit himself? His injured friend bled onto his coat as he was carried. His DNA was found in the samples.
- Otzi used his two good arrows to kill two others in some sort of boundary dispute. He retrieved these arrows and was trying to fix his other arrows for another attack. Before he could do so, he was shot in the back.
- Before he died, Otzi arranged his belongings on the ledge around him and then slumped over.